I’d like to present the cover for my YA novel Merch Girl!
::drum roll by Griffin::
Merch Girl by Rebecca Lewis
I feel like it captures the essence of being at a concert and feeling the music. What do you think?
Here’s the synopsis:
When seventeen-year-old Lacey Kind and her best friend Trina Thorne sneak into a Boston nightclub to see their favorite band, Lansdowne, they not only get to see their rock gods perform for the first time, but score a chance to meet the band too.
The girls charm their way into being hired to sell merchandise on Lansdowne’s national summer tour. As “merch girls,” Lacey and Trina quickly find themselves transported from their ordinary suburban life to an exciting few months on the road. But between crazy fans, cramped buses, gossip blogs, and rockstar schedules, they soon realize that life on the road isn’t always a smooth ride…
You can now add it to your Goodreads “to-read” list 🙂
So…I’m gearing up for my cover reveal this Saturday, April 20! I can’t wait to share it with everyone and I’m so thankful for the bloggers who have agreed to share it with their readers. It took me a very, very long time to decide on a cover image, so I hope I chose the right one 🙂
I’m also thisclose to publishing! I can just feel it. May 4 is the day that Merch Girl will be live!
If you are a blogger and would like to participate in the cover reveal or review the book, please contact me! RebeccaJLewis(at)gmail(dot)com.
I feel like I’m almost at the finish line (or more like the starting line) of publishing my young adult novel, Merch Girl. Here are my steps to writing Merch Girl in case anyone is interesting.
What I’ve done
– Drafted manuscript
– Edited manuscript
– Reviewed/revised manuscript about a million times
– Decided book was finally complete
– Created social media platforms for my name and book (blog, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Pinterest)
– Pulled giant excel list of book bloggers who cover self-published YA authors
– Searched relentlessly for perfect book cover image
– Honed photoshop skills to create amazing book cover
– Reached out to book bloggers to host Merch Girl Cover Reveal on April 20 and sent e-copies for their review
– Painstakingly formatted book files for Kindle and Createspace
– Uploaded files to Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing and Createspace programs
Where am I now?
– Proofing electronic and print files
– Getting pumped up to hit the “go” buttons on May 4 to publish this baby!
Pinterest is so addicting!! I decided to join to promote Merch Girl and so far have created three boards: Merch Girl Inspiration, which has photos of quotes, photos, etc., Hot Band Boys which is self explanatory! I already posted photos of Taylor Hanson and Adam Levine 🙂 And my other board is Fashion on Tour: fashion choices for girls going to concerts. It’s been fun so far and I already gained a few followers! Once Merch Girl is published I’ll post the cover and link to Amazon. Are you on Pinterest? Any tips or tricks to share? Don’t forget to follow me: http://pinterest.com/rebeccalauthor/
Yay! i feel very official now 🙂 Check out my Goodreads author page, fan me, and/or add my book Merch Girl to your to-read list! http://www.goodreads.com/RebeccaLewis